- 1. I am a born-again Christian, and I dedicate every day I rise to honoring Jesus Christ with the things that I say, think, and do.
- 2. In May of 2010, I married the most wonderfully beautiful person I have ever met. She is everything I ever hoped for in a spouse and more. Her name is Colene, and we met in Fultondale, AL at a festival where I was performing and she was emceeing.
3. I come from the most wonderful family on Planet Earth. My mother is a saint, my father is a joy, and my sister is an inspiration.
4. I graduated college in 2005 with a degree in marketing from the University of Tennessee, and I bleed Orange.
- 5. Currently my wife and I live in Oxford, MS. Most weekdays you can find both of us in the home office “working.” And then on weekends we travel and play concerts for churches all over the U.S.
David Ashley is an award-winning singer/songwriter who has been touring churches full-time for the past two years. In that time, David has had the opportunity to share with over 100 different churches in sixteen states. A guitar player since the age of thirteen, David has always known that music would be the best way for him to reach a lost world for Christ. “It’s funny,” David says, “people really listen to the words you are telling them when you are holding a guitar. I knew from the beginning that music was a powerful tool, and so I made a commitment to honor Christ in that area of my life. And since then, I have witnessed God take this ministry to a level I would have never thought possible.” At a recent competition hosted by the Gospel Music Association, David was named first runner up in the National Vocal Artist of the Year category, and he has been writing and composing original music since 2002. Besides his unmistakable gift of music, what really sets David apart is his ability to tell stories. David is able to take the everyday situations that life brings and relay them back to the audience illustrating enjoyable life lessons that everyone can relate to. These short stories give the listener the opportunity to reflect and prepare his or her heart for the next song of worship. “I think people are searching for something that is authentic,” David says, “and story-telling is just my way of sharing with the audience that we’re all in this together.”It is unmistakable that God has big plans for David the first time you see him perform live. “It’s true, I do feel very comfortable on stage,” David says, “but that confidence comes from knowing this is exactly where God wants me to be at this stage of my life, and I couldn’t happier.” As a follow-up to his previous albums Growin’ Up and Character Appreciation, David recently released his third independent studio album, It’s About Time. The project features the noteworthy singles “All I Have to Give” and “I’ll Find You,” as well as “Desperate Need”, a song inspired by David’s passionate promotion of Mission of Mercy, a child-sponsorship organization.